My 2013 Prayer of Confession
- I confess I haven’t loved you the way you love me.
- I confess I neglected to act on your Word a few times when it could have made a huge difference.
- I confess I could have been a better wife, mom, daughter, sister, pastor, and friend.
- I confess I was more self-centered than I wanted to be.
- I confess I worked too many hours and cheated my family out of time.
- I confess I have been easily angered when injustice prevailed.
- I confess I lost patience and didn’t speak kindly of others who were disrespectful and rude to me.
- I confess I critiqued more sermons than I wrote.
- I confess I let pride get in the way of asking for help.
- I confess I lost trust in some people and caused some others to lose trust in me.
- I confess I could have given more and spent less.
- I confess there are a few people I didn’t want to forgive, as you have forgiven me.
- I confess I ate too much Cold Stone chocolate ice cream with almonds and coconut.
God, just between you and I, my sin list is much longer than this and we both know what that entails. I am so sorry! Please forgive all the ways in which I failed you in 2013 and thank you for never failing me. Thank you for stamping every message to me with your love. Help me to move forward in 2014 knowing that with every day comes new opportunities. Please help me to do what is right in your eyes no matter what the cost. Thank you for reminding me how you have worked in each and every day of my life. Thank you for assuring me I am still valuable to you. In Jesus name. Amen.